Venue & Contacts
The Conference will be hosted by the Department of European, American and Intercultural Studies.
Further information on how to reach Rome city centre
Fiumicino Airport - Rome
The Rome Fiumicino “Leonardo da Vinci” Airport (FCO) is connected to the city centre via a direct express train and slower trains on the FR1 Regional Railway line.
· direct train to Termini Station;
· journey time: 32 minutes;
· tickets cost: € 14;
· the train leaves the airport every 15-30 minutes from 6:23 am to 11:23 pm.
FR1 trains (final destination Orte/Fara Sabina):
· journey time: 30-60 minutes, depending on your destination;
· tickets cost: € 8;
· the service runs from 5:57 am to 11:27 pm with a train leaving every 15 minutes, except on Saturdays and Sundays. Weekend trains run every 30 minutes.
To reach the airport train station follow the indications in the airport arrivals hall. Train tickets are sold at the station counter and at automated machines. You can pay with cash or by credit card. Alternatively, you can buy tickets online.
A number of bus companies provide transportation from the airport to the centre of Rome.
· tickets cost: € 4-6 one-way and € 8/12 return trip;
· the journey lasts c. 1 hour, but traffic during peak hours can severely delay the buses.
Tickets are sold on board.
The cost of a taxi ride from Fiumicino Airport to the city centre (within the Aurelian Walls) is € 48.
Beware of taxi drivers trying to overcharge you. All costs should be clearly indicated and available inside of the taxi and agreed. Taxis in Rome are white and they have an identification name and number on the front door.
Ciampino Airport - Rome
Direct bus services from Ciampino to Termini station are provided by several bus companies (SIT, Terravision, Schiaffini).
· tickets cost: € 4.00/4.50
Tickets can be bought at the airport.
Bus and Metro
To get to Rome city centre from Ciampino airport (CIA) you can take bus number 520 at the airport to the Underground (Metro) Line A Cinecittà station.
· tickets cost: € 1.50;
· buses leave every 40 minutes from 6:00 am to 10:40 pm.
From Anagnina, you can take the underground or city buses. You can use the same ticket for buses and the underground. The ticket costs € 1.50 (valid for one Metro ride or 100 minutes on all buses and trams).
Bus and Train
Alternatively, you can catch the bus from the airport to Ciampino railway station;
· tickets cost: € 1.50
From there you can board a train to Termini station;
· tickets cost: € 1.30;
· journey time: 15-20 minutes.
The cost of a taxi ride from Ciampino to the city centre (within the Aurelian Walls) is € 30.
Beware of taxi drivers trying to overcharge you. All costs should be clearly indicated and available inside of the taxi. Also make sure you are taking a Rome Taxi Cab and not a Ciampino Taxi Cab, as the latter will be far more expensive.